New Booking System Frequently Asked Questions
Improving customer experience is of utmost importance to us, and so we are pleased to have introduced this upgrade. Please read the information below for everything you need to know about the changes that have taken place.
Activating your account
You should have received an email to activate and set a new password for your account. This is super easy to do, however if you need any support our teams will be on hand to help.
Haven’t received an email? Please first check your junk/spam folder.
Then complete the short form at the bottom of this page. Please select ‘Account activation’ and provide us with your full name, email address and postcode to ensure that we can provide you with the information.
Activities that are due to take place after 11.59pm on 13th August 2023, will only be available to book via the new booking system. Bookings from your new account can be made up to 8 days in advance for members and 5 days for non-members.
Once you have received your account activation email on 7th August, please make sure to activate your account at your earliest convenience.
The following activities can be booked through our new booking system:
- Gym sessions
- All group exercise
- All pool sessions (including family swim!)
- Sports hall court bookings
- Sauna and steam
Bookings for the following activities still need to be made through our friendly reception teams:
- Learn to swim classes
- Personal training
- Gym inductions and consultations
- Event and meeting bookings
Pre-booking is advised for activities in bold.
Direct Debit changes
This change has come about due to the implementation of our brand new booking and till system. Our new provider does not work with DFC (our current Direct Debit processor) and so GoCardless will be our new processor.
This will be a positive change and an upgrade as our customers will have enhanced visibility of their Direct Debit memberships.
All IHL Direct Debits were transferred over to GoCardless on 26th July 2023.
There’s no action required from you to continue paying by Direct Debit, and the change will not affect the service you receive in any way, including our terms and conditions. The only change you will notice is that IHL Membership will appear on your bank statement instead of Debit Finance Collections Plc .
All your payments will continue to be fully protected by the Direct Debit Guarantee, as detailed below.
- The Direct Debit Guarantee. This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits.
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit, GoCardless re Inspiring Healthy Lifestyles will notify you 3 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request GoCardless re Inspiring Healthy Lifestyles to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by GoCardless re Inspiring Healthy Lifestyles or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society.
- If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when GoCardless re Inspiring Healthy Lifestyles asks you to. You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.
Please first contact your bank and as them to reinstate your Direct Debit.
If you have any problems with this please let us know.
Bookings and memberships
There are a number of reasons why this might have happened.
But mostly this is because a person has registered for a new IHL Hub account rather than activating their account which is attached to their membership. For help with activating your account, please complete the short form below.
If you have activated your account with the information and username that you received by email, please complete the form below and our team will be able to look into this for you.
To cancel your class please visit IHL Hub here. Then click ‘my account’ and then ‘bookings’. You will see all of your bookings listed and a button to cancel or transfer them.
Please note that you cannot cancel an activity less than 2 hours in advance. For example, if your class is booked for 6pm, you cannot cancel it after 3:59pm on the day of the activity.
If you are a pay as you go customer, you will be unable to transfer your booking or be refunded.
If you are a member, you may have your advanced bookings rights may be removed if you fail to attend classes on a number of occasions.
If you arrive over 5 minutes late for a group exercise class you will be unable to take part in the session. This is to ensure that all participants have take part in the warm up which ensures that they are ready for the workout ahead and reduces their risk of injury.
If you are late for any other activity which isn’t instructor led, that is no problem. However, we may be unable to extend your session.
Improving our customer experience is at the forefront of our charity. We want all of our systems and processes to be simple, effective and positive for our customers.
This upgrade to a new system and provider ensures that our online offering is up to date and as useful as it can be.
We recognise that our current system and provider has not met all needs of our customers and we’re pleased to say that our new booking system will do just that and more!
The brand new booking system is a modern, customer first solution and includes new features such as:
- Membership management – Allowing you to purchase multiple memberships (for example for your partner or child) and for you to manage and freeze them accordingly.
- Enhanced activity bookings – The flexibility of the system will allow you to book for other people. For example, booking for your child and partner for family swim.
- Customer portal – Allowing you to easily make, view and amend bookings and also view or update your details.
- Notifications – The system will quickly update you via email of any changes to your bookings, membership and more.
- A shiny new app! – Will be launched very soon to make it super easy to access all of the above.
IHL Hub App
Simply click ‘my account’ and ‘my customer portal’.
This will take you to a login screen. Please use your customer ID and password to access your account.
This will then log you in to access for all features. You will not need to login again unless you choose to logout.
Please first check that you have activated your account and are using your customer ID (NOT email address) to login.
If you have not activated your account yet, please complete the form below, making sure to provide full details of your account (full name, postcode, date of birth) and our team will be able to help you.
If you have used your customer ID to login, please visit IHL Hub online here click ‘login’ and then ‘I have forgotten my password’
If this still doesn’t resolve the issue, please complete the form below, making sure to provide full details of your account (full name, postcode, date of birth) and our team will be able to help you.
If this doesn’t answer your question/s, please complete the form below.