It’s Our 20th Birthday!
Christina Aguilera topped the charts with “Beautiful” and Finding Nemo was the box office smash of the year. But 2003 was also the year that Inspiring healthy lifestyles (IHL), began life.
We are marking this special occasion with a month-long celebration in April, packed with prize giveaways for customers, gym challenges, staff celebrations and a great deal for new customers (valid until April 20th).
We are proud to have been serving the local communities for so long, including managing leisure centres, wellbeing services and cultural facilities in Cannock and Selby.
Some of our highlights include:
- 2013 – A £6.5M revamp of Chase Leisure Centre
- 2016 – Well Active disability website launches winning a national award
- 2017 – 5’s Pavilion & Sports Ground opens
- 2018 – Chase Leisure Centre £1M revamp with new gym
- 2021 – New 3G pitch a Rugeley Leisure Centre opens
- 2021 to present – 1909kg lost by Move It Lose It participants
- 2022 – Chase Community Games supporting the Birmingham Commonwealth Games
- 2023 – Cannock Chase Can shortlisted for National Award
Chris Derbyshire, Managing Director of IHL, said: “We are a charity at the heart of the community. Everything we do is dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of the communities we serve.
“I’m immensely proud of our work to improve community health over the last two decades.
“Like every charity, we’ve had to overcome challenges along the way, but we believe in innovation and are never afraid to try new programmes or ways of working.
“Of course, we wouldn’t still be here without our fantastic staff and customers, and this 20-Day Celebration is a way to thank staff and customers, old and new, for all their support.”
Members of the Inspiring Healthy Lifestyles team at Chase Leisure Centre.
Councillor Olivia Lyons, Leader of Cannock Chase Council, said “Our priority is to encourage and support residents across Cannock Chase to lead healthy and active lifestyles. Our partnership with Inspiring Health Lifestyles (IHL) is paramount to achieving that, and they share our ambitions.
“Our colleagues at IHL work incredibly hard not only at our leisure centres but also within our local communities. I want to say a huge congratulations to 20 years and look forward to continuing our close partnership.”
Likewise, Cllr Mark Crane, leader of Selby District Council, had this to say: “Our close partnership working with IHL over the years has delivered a high-quality level of leisure services over the years.
“We have a fantastic swimming pool in Selby, great gym facilities and classes that are hugely popular with a really wide selection of the community. You can come down to the leisure centres at any time, on any day of the week and see just how valued and well-used the leisure services are in both Tadcaster and Selby.
“Our excellent working arrangement with IHL has allowed for first-class leisure service that is enjoyed and valued by many people in the Selby district.”
Members of the Inspiring Healthy Lifestyles team at Selby Leisure Centre.
The celebration event kicks off on Saturday 1st April, and includes:
- Fitness challenges and random rewards for customers to win prizes, including shopping vouchers.
- A new Heart of Gold award scheme to thank the staff who have gone above and beyond with gift vouchers.
- New customers can also enjoy a discounted membership as part of the celebrations, with a peak membership available for the first six months at just £20 a month – saving £90.
Click here to find out more!